Falls of Rough, Kentucky
Falls of Rough is a southern Breckinridge county community on the Rough River, about ten miles south of Hardinsburg, and on the boundary with Grayson county. It was named for the falls there and was an early mill site. Willis Green built a mill there in 1823, parts of which are still standing. The Rough River Dam State Resort Park is about four miles away. A Green's post office opened in 1830 and was renamed Falls of Rough in 1850.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2021 David C. Elbon