Finchville is a Shelby county community about five miles southwest of Shelbyville. It was established in the early nineteenth century and named for Ludwell Finch, who owned the land where the town was built. The location was known as Buck Creek Station by 1780. It also called Finch's Station on the Louisville, Cincinnati, and Lexington Railroad. The Finchville post office opened in 1857, closed in 1862, and reopened in 1876.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon