Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
Fort Mitchell is a Kenton county city on US 25 to the west of Covington. It is on the site of fortifications built to defend Cincinnati and northern Kentucky during the Civil War and was named for General Ormsby McKnight Mitchel, a professor at Cincinnati College (now the University of Cincinnati) who designed them. (The reason for the difference in the spellings is obscure.) Fort Mitchell was incorporated in 1910 and has never had a post office. The population in 2010 was 8,207.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon