Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer

Fredonia, Kentucky
Fredonia, Kentucky

Fredonia is a Caldwell county city about ten miles northwest of Princeton near the boundaries with Crittenden and Lyon counties. It was established in 1836 by Harvey Washington Bigham and named for his daughter. Fredonia was incorporated in 1869. The Fredonia post office opened in 1836. Another post office, Fredonia Depot, opened just south of Fredonia in 1889 in a community known as South Fredonia that was established in 1886 on the new Ohio Valley Railroad. The South Fredonia post office was renamed Kelsey in 1890, for P. G. Kelsey, the president of the railroad. The original Fredonia post office closed in 1906 and the Kelsey post office took the Fredonia name. The population in 2010 was 401.


Frances, Kentucky Mexico, Kentucky To Crayne, Kentucky To Madisonville, Kentucky To Princeton, Kentucky To Eddyville, Kentucky To Dycusburg, Kentucky To Salem, Kentucky Fredonia, Kentucky
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER

© 2022 David C. Elbon