Gays Creek, Kentucky
Gays Creek is a Perry county community near that creek about about 15 miles northwest of Hazard. It was named for Henry Gay, early nineteenth century settler and Revolutionary War veteran. The original site is now under Buckhorn Lake.
The Gays Creek post office opened in 1888 near the mouth of the creek on the Middle Fork of Kentucky River and has occupied several sites farther up the creek.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon