Ghent is a Carroll county town on the Ohio River. It was settled in the late eighteenth century and was first known as McCool's Creek Settlement. It was more formally established in 1814 and named for the city in Belgium at the suggestion of Henry Clay. Ghent has been incorporated since 1856. The Ghent post office opened in 1816. The population in 2010 was 323.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon