Glensboro is a western Anderson county community on the Salt River about nine miles west of Lawrenceburg. The community was variously known through the years as Salt River, Camdenville (source unknown), and Orr (for a local storekeeper). The name Glensboro probably comes from the location in a narrow valley. The Salt River post office operated in 1839 and 1840, Camdenville from 1848 to 1864, Orr from 1881 to 1904, and Glensboro from 1904 until 1913.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon