Hamilton was a Boone county community on the Ohio River near Landing Creek about 15 miles southwest of Burlington. Known as Hamilton's Landing, for Isham Hamilton, it was a river landing used to transport salt from nearby Big Bone Lick. The Hamilton post office opened in 1817 and was variously known as Landing and Big Bone Landing before it closed in 1944.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon