Jeffersonville is a Montgomery county town southeast of Mount Sterling on US 460. It was known as Ticktown in the early nineteenth century, but was sometime later renamed Jeffersonville. The origins of the names are obscure. Jeffersonville was incorporated in 1876. The Jeffersonville post office opened in 1866. The population in 2010 was 1,506.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon