Lexie is a Wolfe county community on Lacy Creek about eight miles east of Campton. The origin of the name is obscure. The first name proposed for the post office was Rose Valley, probably for the local Rose families.
The Lexie post office opened in 1909 and closed in 1957. It may have been in several locations in the area over the years.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon