Madisonville, the seat of Hopkins county, was founded in 1807 and named for James Madison. Madisonville was incorporated in 1807. The Hopkins Court House post office opened in 1809. The population in 2010 was 19,591.
Madisonville is the home of Madisonville Community College.
- Historical Society of Hopkins County
- Hopkins County Fiscal Court
- Hopkins County Schools
- Hopkins County Tourist and Convention Commission
- Hopkins County-Madisonville Public Library
- Madisonville, City of
- Madisonville Community College
- Madisonville Regional Airport
- The Messenger (Newspaper)
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon