Magnolia is a LaRue county town about nine miles south of Hodgenville. It originated as a stop on the Louisville and Nashville Turnpike. The location was also known as Centerpoint. The Magnolia post office opened in 1851. The population of the Magnolia census designated place in 2010 was 524.
The Aetna Furnace iron works operated about five miles south of Magnolia from 1816 into the 1850s.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon