McKee, the seat of Jackson county, was founded in 1858 with the new county and probably named for Judge George R. McKee. It is near the center of the county and is on the headwaters of the Rockcastle River. McKee was incorporated in 1882. The McKee post office opened in 1858. The population in 2010 was 800.
McKee has been designated a Kentucky Trail Town.
- Jackson County Fiscal Court
- Jackson County Public Library
- Jackson County Schools
- Jackson County Times
- Jackson County Tourism
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2021 David C. Elbon