Melbourne is a Campbell county city on the Ohio River about six miles north of Alexandria. It was established in 1890 and named for the city in Australia, although the reasons are obscure. Melbourne was incorporated in 1912 and the post office opened in 1891. The population in 2010 was 401.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon