Mitchellsburg is a Boyle county community about eight miles southwest of Danville on the road to Lebanon. It was named for local land owner James P. Mitchell or his family and was a station on the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, which arrived in 1866. The Mitchellsburg post office opened in 1853 and operated intermittently until 2008. It was sometimes spelled Mitchellsburgh.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon