Nada is a Powell county community near the Red River about six miles east of Stanton. A town was established circa 1900 by the Dana Lumber Company for its workers. A railroad was built to haul the lumber and in 1910-1911 a tunnel was made to allow a more direct and flatter route. The railroad operated until about 1920. The name Nada is an anagram of Dana.
A Lombard post office, named for one of railroad's owners, opened nearby in 1901, moved to Nada and changed names in 1911, and closed in 1968.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon