New Liberty, Kentucky
New Liberty is an Owen county community on KY 227 about seven miles northwest of Owenton. The area was settled in the eighteenth century and the town was established 1815 by Reuben Adams and was known as Adams Town or Adamstown. Another community developed soon after south of Adams Town, known as Browns Town for a family there. The combined town of New Liberty became the largest in the county. The source of that name is obscure. New Liberty was incorporated in 1827 and dissolved in 1919. A Twin Meeting House post office, named for a local church, opened in 1816 and was renamed New Liberty in 1823.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon