Newtown is a Scott county community east of Georgetown on the Paris Pike. It originated as a crossroads community sometime before 1800 and later was also a railroad station. It may have been named for Newton Cannon, an early settler. The Newtown post office operated from 1826 until 1931.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon