Noble is in Breathitt county on Buckhorn Creek about 25 miles southeast of Jackson. It was named for the Noble family who settled in the area before 1800.
The Noble post office opened in 1889 and closed in 1975.
Northeast of Noble is Robinson Forest, approximately 14,000 acres managed by the University of Kentucky for research and education. The land had been owned by the Mowbray-Robinson Lumber Company, which gave it to the university through the E. O. Robinson Mountain Fund in 1923.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon