Rockport is an Ohio county town on the Green River about seven miles southwest of Hartford. It was first known as Benton's Ferry. The Rockport name probably comes from the rocky bluff near the town. Rockport was incorporated in 1870. The Rock Port post office opened in 1863 and was later renamed Rockport. The population in 2010 was 266.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon