Russellville, the seat of Logan county, was probably established in 1790 by William Cook. It was known as Cook's Station and Logan Court House before being named Russellville in 1798 for General William Russell, a prominent local landowner. Russellville was incorporated in 1840. The Russellville post office opened in 1801. The population in 2010 was 6,960.
The Logan County Courthouse in Russellville.
- Logan County Chamber of Commerce
- Logan County Economic Alliance for Development
- Logan County Fiscal Court
- Logan County Geographic Information System
- Logan County Public Library
- Logan County Schools
- Logan County Tourism
- Russellville, City of
- Russellville-Logan County Airport
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2020 David C. Elbon