Simpsonville is a Shelby county town about 12 miles west of Shelbyville. It was founded in 1816 and named for Captain John Simpson. It was the site of a stagecoach station and tavern. Simpsonville was incorporated in 1833. The Simpsonville post office opened in 1821. The population in 2010 was 2,484.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon