Skinnersburg was a Scott county community about nine miles north of Georgetown on McConnell Run. The origin of the name is not certainly known, but it may be named for the Skinners, a local family. It was sometimes referred to as Skinnersville.
The Skinnersburgh post office opened in 1878, the spelling was changed to Skinnersburg in 1894, and it closed in 1902.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon