Smallhaus was an Ohio county community on the Green River about 12 miles southwest of Hartford. It may have earlier been known as Hogg's Falls. There were mills, a ferry, and other businesses in the late nineteenth century. The source of the name is obscure and it is sometimes spelled on maps as Smallhous and Smallhouse.
The Smallhous post office opened in 1880 and closed in 1917.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon