Spout Springs, Kentucky
Spout Springs is an Estill county community about nine miles north of Irvine. It was named for the nearby springs. (The name is sometimes misspelled as "Sprout Springs.") A Hardwick post office, named for an early settler, operated from 1886 to 1889. The Spout Springs post office opened in 1892, was renamed Spoutspring in 1895, closed in 1905, reopened as Spout Springs in 1907, and closed in 1937.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon