Station Camp, Kentucky
Station Camp is an Estill county community on Red Lick Road (KY 594) and Station Camp Creek about fours miles south of Irvine. Daniel Boone camped in the area in 1769 and James Scrivner established Station Camp in 1828. The Shawnee town Ahwahnee was near the same place in earlier years. A Station Camp post office operated in a couple of locations from 1828 to 1843 and from 1878 to 1969.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2020 David C. Elbon