Switzer is a village on North Elkhorn Creek in Franklin county at the intersection of KY 1262 and KY 1689. It was founded about 1838 and had a post office from 1882 until 1957. Kissinger Station on the Frankfort and Cincinnati Railroad was located here.
The Switzer covered bridge is still standing over the creek, although the road now crosses on a more modern bridge nearby.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon