Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer

Upper Blue Licks, Kentucky
Upper Blue Licks, Kentucky

Upper Blue Licks was a Nicholas county community near the Licking River about 11 miles east of Carlisle. Salt springs were found at Upper and Lower Blue Licks in 1773. The Upper Blue Licks Salt Works were in operation by 1805. There were also mills in the area. The output from the springs declined in the early twentieth century. The Upper Blue Licks post office opened in 1805 and was renamed Davidson in 1881. It closed in 1907.


Sprout, Kentucky Moorefield, Kentucky Sherburne, Kentucky Upper Blue Licks, Kentucky Weston, Kentucky To Carlisle, Kentucky To Ewing, Kentucky To Ewing, Kentucky To Hill Top, Kentucky To Flemingsburg, Kentucky To Tilton, Kentucky To Sharpsburg, Kentucky To Sharpsburg, Kentucky To East Union, Kentucky To Carlisle, Kentucky Clay Wildlife Management Area Clay Wildlife Management Area
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER

© 2022 David C. Elbon