Van Buren, Kentucky
Van Buren was an Anderson county commmunity about 14 miles west of Lawrenceburg on the Salt River. It was established in 1835 by Edward Harris and named for Martin Van Buren. The town was inundated by the impoundment of Taylorsville Lake in 1983.
The Van Buren post office opened in 1850 and operated intermittently until 1922. The name was also spelled Vanburen.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon