White Hall, Kentucky
White Hall was a Madison county community about five miles north of Richmond on the road to the Kentucky River and Lexington. It was named for the nearby house of Cassius Clay. The oldest part of the house was built by Green Clay in 1799, but when the name White Hall was applied to it, and why, are obscure. The White Hall post office opened in 1843 and closed in 1918.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon