Zion Hill, Kentucky
Zion Hill is a Scott county community about eight miles southwest of Georgetown on Paynes Depot Road along South Elkhorn Creek. It was settled sometime before 1872, possibly before the Civil War, by formerly enslaved people. It was originally known as Lenerson. The residents mostly worked on the surrounding farms and it grew to about 250 people. It included stores, a church, and a Rosenwald school, which closed in 1945. The Lenerson post office operated from 1900 until 1903.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon