Ashbyburg was a Hopkins county town on the Green River below the mouth of Pond River about twelve miles north Madisonville. It was established by Stephen Ashby circa 1808, one of the first towns in the county, and was an important river port with mills and other industry. Not much remains of the town apart from a few houses. It was incorporated as Ashbysburg in 1829 and changed to Ashbyburg in 1892. The Ashbyburg post office opened in 1848 and closed in 1969.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon