Burning Springs, Kentucky
Burning Springs is a Clay county community on Burning Springs Creek about seven miles northwest of Manchester. It was named for numerous natural gas springs in the area before 1800 and there are still gas wells in the area.
The nearby Napier post office, established in 1884, moved to the site of Burning Springs and took that name in 1888. It closed in 1965.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon