Hardyville is a Hart county community about six miles east of Munfordville. Settlement began in the early nineteenth century and the town was founded circa 1861. It was probably named for James G. Hardy. Hardyville was incorporated in 1861, but was later dissolved. The Hardyville post office opened in 1868. The population of the Hardyville census designated place in 2010 was 156.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon