Havilandsville was a Harrison county community on Richland Creek near the Licking River about 15 miles north of Cynthiana. In the nineteenth century it was an active center for agricultural processing and trade and had a population of about 650. It was named for Robert S. Haviland, postmaster and owner of a store, mills, and other businesses.
A Travellers Rest post office opened on the north side of Richland Creek in 1833. It moved to the Harrison county side in 1842 and was renamed Havilandsville. It closed in 1926.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon