Lair is a Harrison county community off US 27 about two miles south of Cynthiana. The Lair brothers settled near the location of the old Hinkston's or Ruddell's Station on the South Fork of the Licking River in the 1790s. The site became Lair's Station on the Covington and Lexington Railroad and the Lair's Station post office opened in 1860. It became just Lair in 1882 and closed in 1920. At one time the town included distilleries, mills, stores, and a hotel.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon