Liggett was a Harlan county community on Catron Creek about seven miles south of Harlan. It was built by the Perkins-Harlan Coal Company and named for the family of Floran Perkins's wife. Most of the town is gone, although the Liggett Baptist Church remains. The Liggett post office opened in 1920 and closed in 1945.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon