Ludlow is a Kenton county city on the Ohio River on the west side of Covington. It was established circa 1831 by Israel Ludlow on the site of the failed planned city of Hygeia.
Ludlow was incorporated in 1864.
The Ludlow post office operated from 1864 to 1906.
The population in 2010 was 4,407.
Thomas Carneal built his Elmwood Hall in what would become Ludlow beginning 1818. The design has been attributed to Benjamin Latrobe, but that is considered unlikely. Elements of the house, especially the interior, could have been designed by Latrobe or by someone influenced by him. Latrobe did design houses nearby in Covington, Lexington, and Cincinnati.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon