Manton is an western Washington county community on Hardins Creek about 10 miles northwest of Springfield. It is near the boundaries with Marion county and Nelson county. Manton was settled by the early nineteenth century. The origin of the name is obscure. The Holy Rosary Church in Manton was established in 1844 and the current building dates to 1848. The Manton post office opened in 1838 and closed in 1848. A Blincoe post office, named for a local family, opened in 1886 and closed in 1914.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon