Masonville is a Daviess county community about eight miles south of Owensboro. It was named for George Mason of Virgina (or a member of his family), who owned land in the vicinity. A town was laid out circa 1815 on the road from Owensboro to Hartford, but never developed and was never incorporated. A series of Masonville and Fillmore post offices operated in the area from 1842 to 1907. The population of the Masonville census designated place in 2010 was 1,014.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2021 David C. Elbon