Salvisa is a Mercer county town on the Old Louisville Road about nine miles north of Harrodsburg. The town was established by Robert McAfee in 1818 and incorporated in 1828, although it was later dissolved. The source of the name is obscure. The post office opened in 1828. The population of the Salvisa census designated place in 2010 was 420.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2022 David C. Elbon