South Carrollton, Kentucky
South Carrollton is a Muhlenberg county community on the Green River about seven miles north of Greenville. It was established about 1838 and named Carrollton for the grandson of the founder. It was renamed South Carrollton since there was another Carrollton, in Carroll county.
South Carrollton was incorporated in 1849.
The South Carrollton post office opened in 1848, having moved from nearby Lewisburg.
The population in 2020 was 138.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon