Elkton, the seat of Todd county, was settled early in the nineteenth century and named for the Elk Fork of Red River. The original town on Elk Fork was established about 1817 but was moved about one half mile west in 1820 after the formation of the county. The original location is now known as Old Elkton. Elkton was incorporated in 1843. The Elkton post office opened in 1817. The population in 2010 was 2,062.
The Todd County Courthouse in Elkton.
- Elkton, City of
- Todd County Community Alliance
- Todd County Fiscal Court
- Todd County Library
- Todd County Schools
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2020 David C. Elbon